Monday, June 29, 2009

Music - Can't Live WIthout It!

Music is a very important part of any film. I had cut the film together using a temp track, which fit extremely well but since the tunes were licensed they were unusable.

I shopped around a bit for a composer, but eventually decided to look for music that was in the public domain. I've always been a fan of old, scratchy jazz records and was surprised at the amount of stuff there is out there. I don't know if it would be appropriate for every film, but it provides very interesting counterpoints and cadences.

Here's the three songs I used in my film (be warned these sites have a lot of ads):

"Transatlantic Stomp" by E.C. Cobb and his Corn Eaters
"Pepper Steak" by Washboard Rythm Kings
"Grand Ole Rag" by Billy Murray

Okay that last one isn't the original download. But it's such a weird youtube video I had ta use it ;)

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment